Re: (TFT) SJ Games Conan releases

So they'd want me to buy GURPS a 5th time and goodness knows what the
actual edition number is for Car Wars now, I literally have... well 4
editions actually... perhaps not quite too many to count as I was want to
say but still I've got 4 Road Atlas's and a boatload of Uncle Albert's and
assorted material like Midville so what's so important that it requires a
"new edition"?
All my old stuff is going to go obsolete by "official standards"?
I don't get very excited about new editions these days.
They smack of marketing.
Computerland can get away with it currently (though this is getting slapped
up a bit too with Civ V, and the Blizzard releases getting some panning)
because Computerland is still growing and changing rapidly.
RPG's use pens, paper, dice, and numbers and the alphabet... and the spoken
word.
When the united corporations of america release English 5.0 then I can see
the need for GURPS 5.0 but elseif if they really have meaningful changes to
the ruleset then this would feel like a Tom Sawyer whitewash where SJ Games
has decided to sell the public what should be errata to the existing
material.
How do you stress engineer a RPG?
Release the new edition.
I already have Car Wars into TFT with engines tied directly to ST.
SJ Games got around to a translation as well from the WW II vehicle
descriptions.
I integrate Car Wars movement principals into TFT for any tactical ground
movement at speed like a horse race.
Maybe GURPS has too, I don't know because I don't even know which
supplements I'd have to buy to get all the GURPS rules for ground movement
so I've never seen lots of it I'd guess.
Perhaps GURPS is addressing the affordability of the touchscreen with 5.0
which has real implications for RPG components in the coming few years but
I'd call that a long shot at best.