[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
(TFT) Targeting Horses and their Riders
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: (TFT) Targeting Horses and their Riders
- From: Joey Beutel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 14:02:14 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20121106; t=1377280935; bh=0sdhRvN+Smitkvo/nE1k/rc/zKfxu7s9yzv8qOcJewU=; h=Received:Received:From:Content-Type:Subject:Date:Message-Id:To: Mime-Version; b=MDy2G+ezKtgSWFSKiX2x+v55kAkyQ4w/tI9BZ2Q+huCPFo5LTEQQvG6foVSjP1bgh uyp5xBRue3AgS9tqqvViBxB0kr/Erp2JaJjUgoc04yK/UL84LGIQyf2G9l04ZsVKey EQd1iq526thgzTuwRWUk9kzgpFmBPt1zVLTFsRLSrsL43tXSlpXmTpRxuar6A0gRL4 BSRF0kt3yFiVL+EPXcmZSinf6woXAKBDJJT1gsVI0GYF6YBz0l8JjhYE6exaLCBiM7 jqKQwiDXqzWqNRmw4jIaKiQXLWpYJYZ0o7xvdzaOMAQ/evWKA3RBfjEULtVlb+LThM hWMG1laW/AAsA==
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Just a question:
When you guys play with men on horseback, how do you handle attacks against them?
I've been treating them as separate targets, you get to choose which to attack. While this ultimately works out fine it does feel a little weird, especially for missile attacks.
In that mass combat (100 troops aside) battle I did, a common strategy (realistic to an extent but a bit too effective) was to have your archers shoot at the horses who were less armored (no shields, for one) than their riders and relatively easy to kill with a mass of arrows. This resulted in cavalry not lasting very long.
It did create some interesting strategy in charges, though. Whether to target the knight (and maybe take out a powerful unit) or target the horse (and basically just make that unit ineffective for a turn and less mobile for the rest) could be a hard choice.
Post to the entire list by writing to email@example.com.
Unsubscribe by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the message body