[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (TFT) Combined Offensive/Defensive Action
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: (TFT) Combined Offensive/Defensive Action
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 15:10:36 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=raito.com; s=default; h=Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Type:MIME-Version:Reply-To:To:From:Subject:Date:References:In-Reply-To:Message-ID; bh=eHPjYhrJ0cY23aTU6Z44f0VzdXNMoWHI8rx6XS0Q5ZU=; b=ULq3XlxQGNDUhWQhOGB0P0xusJq0lRWx59iWWG1YEy52Pp5WVildizNule7CdivdlNXGOpEq8TA9UCYvjJDvRQWldgi0feH5WBLdLjUSxr5IYoWOa6gTqOynpqOLGI5V;
- In-reply-to: <5217B87A.email@example.com>
- References: <5217B87A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: SquirrelMail/1.4.22
> I would think in full armor and a heavy sword most people would last
> 10-15 minutes after that I would think that fatigue would start setting
> in and increase every 5-10 mins thereafter. But I think that you also
> reach that you just keep doing without thinking and that can go on for
> some time. I can tell you my 20th fight (1 hour and 16 mins of actual
> fight time) would have been nothing if I had not had the 2 min rest
> before it started. As it was, I could barely lift my arms and legs to
> hit and kick. I would think that in full Armor and Weapons you might
> get 30 mins of decent fighting before there would a reduction in your
> ability to deal damage.
Actually, having done more traditional martial arts (as well as some
full-contact stuff way back in the early 80's), I find that it takes a lot
LESS energy to spar with swords than fists and feet (savate and TKD here).
And to me it makes some sense. The weapon is a multiplier, and it takes
less energy for me to swing a sword than to throw a punch or kick. And
punching and kicking takes less energy than grappling. Oddly enough, I
find that modern fencing is more fatiguing than wearing armour, probably
because of the lunge. I know that I am effective with a stick in armour
for far longer than I would be kicking and punching or grappling.
Then again, I've specifically trained to fight like an old man, since even
before I was one.
> Anyway, like the discussions that have been really active the past two
> weeks. Been awhile since there had been as much activity.
Post to the entire list by writing to email@example.com.
Unsubscribe by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the message body