[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (TFT) More long bow reflections
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: (TFT) More long bow reflections
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2013 10:35:12 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=raito.com; s=default; h=Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Type:MIME-Version:Reply-To:To:From:Subject:Date:References:In-Reply-To:Message-ID; bh=OJ6CFBFn4ADjvRsNQtxLTJ1cLzASiDyqkFY49u5aZ2E=; b=Molq2twNaon/ul67VR0P69g2KzwVLBmRd6DNtSvM2NC3KgyrO87fCvH7vpjzvALcuTcHZADlIoPYtKHjPIK70n9GHcHPOBLsdru/kMnlXHS2Gb31rjxxh6Y5V4Q3sf55;
- In-reply-to: <1377830337.14261.75.camel@ubuntu>
- References: <1377830337.14261.75.camel@ubuntu>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: SquirrelMail/1.4.22
> My wife is in the SCA and she judged a report by an
> archer where he fired different sorts of arrows in
> to targets representing leather, chain and plate.
Yes, I've read it.
> He had only a 90 lb draw, but his bodkin point
> arrows were able to penetrate modern steel of the
> appropriate thickness.
However, as I recall, neither his points nor the armour was made of period
material. Modern mild steel (which I recall was the armour material) isn't
anything like the period stuff, aside from being ferrous.
That report wasn't done too poorly, but it said a lot more about modern
materials than medieval ones.
Post to the entire list by writing to email@example.com.
Unsubscribe by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the message body