Re: (TFT) More long bow reflections

> My wife is in the SCA and she judged a report by an
> archer where he fired different sorts of arrows in
> to targets representing leather, chain and plate.

Yes, I've read it.

> He had only a 90 lb draw, but his bodkin point
> arrows were able to penetrate modern steel of the
> appropriate thickness.

However, as I recall, neither his points nor the armour was made of period
material. Modern mild steel (which I recall was the armour material) isn't
anything like the period stuff, aside from being ferrous.

That report wasn't done too poorly, but it said a lot more about modern
materials than medieval ones.

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com