Re: (TFT) Supporting TFT with Nostalgia Goggles On

On 9/11/2013 3:42 PM, Cris Fuhrman wrote:
My biggest complaint is that despite a digital format, the
publishers still think of what they sold you as a physical book. There are
no means in place to update the content of your e-book (despite it
notoriously containing horrendous typos, missing spaces, poorly formatted
electronic conversions, etc.). If you don't like the content of your
e-book, Amazon allows you to un-link it to your Kindle to get your money
back. But there's no "fix" process. It's hardly a step ahead, if you ask me.
Interesting. My e-books on my Kindle Fire and Kindle for PC update about once every couple of months with "revised" versions. When I scan through them I do not see new content as much as typo's fixed. It happens automatically and whenever I "check for new downloads"/"sync". I have one book that I purchased nearly two years ago that downloaded an update recently and it actually had expanded with several new chapters. It is one of the "for Dummies" books, only bought it because I happen to know the author of it. He had told me a new version was being released and I presumed that it would be the printed version that got updated. But the digital version was updated also.

Slyvnr