[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: (TFT) Man To Man & GURPS - was Re: (TFT) The return of Ogre - Rick did something silly.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: (TFT) Man To Man & GURPS - was Re: (TFT) The return of Ogre - Rick did something silly.
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 21:19:55 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; q=dns/txt; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=raito.com; s=default; h=Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Type:MIME-Version:Reply-To:To:From:Subject:Date:References:In-Reply-To:Message-ID; bh=jkWRbI1EafK9pr1gQlX3TRXqiSaD5FVrW0ZpDxso4YY=; b=faYjUHPSECqCKzcCefYnFR78Xs+A1e6iErhwNNQ1GcbGtGzhuMT9Kr3OqH45rukG1Srx0PpepW0yN5RFerG5mJP381bQ7a2c4QdYykCHlZzJ84UpPESzTFOsC2kJ3QrB;
- Importance: Normal
- In-reply-to: <EFAC2B1584704AF3B03483DFB01BBE72@OwnerPC>
- References: <EFAC2B1584704AF3B03483DFB01BBE72@OwnerPC>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: SquirrelMail/1.4.22
> In most of my old games we got around this by being really stingy with XP
> and making the XP->DX/ST/IQ conversion more expensive so that things never
> got too unbalanced. A couple of early games in my group got absurd after
> while, and we started from scratch at one point because it just wasn't
And I'm not completely convinced that TFT as a game system breaks down at
Yes, the stat number start breaking, and combat becomes dull. So what to
do? How about actually roleplaying for temporal power? Why? Because kings,
princes, and other power brokers get a lot more stuff than adventurers
looting yet another ogre's treasure stash. And unless you're really,
really, ultra-rich and can count on the people working for you, the aging
rules will catch up eventually.
Post to the entire list by writing to email@example.com.
Unsubscribe by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the message body