Re: (TFT) Man To Man & GURPS - was Re: (TFT) The return of Ogre - Rick did something silly.

ultimately, there needs to be a point where the GM steps in and over-rules the game to some degree, or by mutual consent if you rotate the GM position.

-----Original Message----- From: Peter von Kleinsmid
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2014 2:38 AM
To: tft@brainiac.com
Subject: Re: (TFT) Man To Man & GURPS - was Re: (TFT) The return of Ogre - Rick did something silly.

I think some of the greatest weak points are actually in magic items,
especially the Flesh armor enchantments, and Reverse Missiles, and
self-powered ones in particular. Having those on all the time, on
people who are also quite skilled, makes them able to handle many
normal-range opponents with very little risk, even if some critical hits land.

So making those nearly unavailable can help a lot.

The to-hit curve ending at 16 is another issue. Being stingy with EP
can help that.

In our case, it was partly the power issues, but moreso the lack of
detail and possibilities. GURPS helped us in both areas.