Re: (TFT) Man To Man & GURPS - was Re: (TFT) The return of Ogre - Rick did something silly.

I agree that the focus in any RPG - ideally - starts to shift to "estate
building" when characters get super-sized.  Making adventures more
mission-based or puzzle-oriented rather than dungeon-crawl helped too.  One
of my favorite adventures involved an overland tramp that turned into a
"first contact" type scenario with a race of winged people.  My brother was
GM, and free-styled most of it.  It helps avoid the "hobgoblin holocaust"
effect.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/hey_wait_a_minute/2008/03/orc_holocaust.html