Re: (TFT) Man To Man & GURPS - hack/n/slash ethics

Personally I've always avoided giving XP for "roleplaying" and (especially) "morality." I think things are a lot more interesting and natural when XP is about experience (I will give some "roleplaying" XP simply for time played as long as the player is "engaged" in theory, but usually this isn't a problem).

I remember one where a dwarf who had a thing against goblins (thought of them as cannibals because some were) ended up with a goblin prisoner while traveling (otherwise solo) through some cold mountains. He ended up executing the prisoner and eating him when the going got tough. We didn't talk about it much at the time, but it was an interesting moment of character development as the goblins who were known to occasionally eat each other or people traveling by were the ones who lived in desolate, cold, mountainous regions, and the dwarf simultaneously became a darker character (he was still trying to save the world and all, but he'd done some pretty horrifying stuff) while also having an arguably more moral perspective (no more anti-goblin racism, ironically, but instead a sort of grudging acceptance of the harshness of life that lead to more tolerance).