Re: (TFT) Disengaging - Revision in Melee

I think, since we didn't pay much attention to new versions of Melee after Advanced Melee came out, I didn't hear about the disengagement revision. It didn't make it to Interplay or the Codex, did it?

I don't remember it ever being a problem in play without that revision. Sure the higher-DX figure can avoid being attacked, but it also takes his entire action to only move one hex. It's not like you can attack and then disengage.

My feeling, from a realism and fairness perspective, is that if someone is using their action to back out of combat, and someone follows them to attack, that the disengager might also deserve a chance to counterattack that person. Stepping back a hex as an action wouldn't, I think, give a disadvantage in such a fight.

I.e. If I were to use this, I would add something like: If a lower-DX player opts to try to attack the disengaging figure, they may do so at the specified penalty. If they do so, but the disengager is left in condition to fight (not knocked down, disarmed, etc), then the disengager may also counter-attack them at the same penalty.

PvK