Re: (TFT) Spear vs. Shortsword maneuvers

That doesn't fit with actual combat results though.  Pikes and spears wer
e good against charging horses and men because the horses provided the fo
rce for the blow.  Infantry that went up against pikes and spearmen walke
d up and were able to penetrate the line without too much trouble.

 A lunging spear is no more effective than a lunging sword point.  There
is no more force behind it, Force equals mass times acceleration.  So dif
ference in mass of two weapons will be almost nothing compared to your bo
dy and the point won't go any faster on a spear then a sword.

 3 hexes is 4 meters which allows you, if not to get to your max speed, a
t least to generate a lot more force.  Adrian Peterson (and many others)
says it takes 7 yards to get to max speed so we are erring on the conserv
ative side of the equation.

                 Edward Kroeten
                   Farmers Agent

                   7100 Stevenson Blvd Suite 105