Re: (TFT) Classification of monster games. Defence of ASL

Hi David,
  You prefer SL to ASL???  Wow!

  A friend and I were big fans of SL.  But is that rule I half remember in
scenario 3 of SL, scenario 7 or 8 of Cross of Iron, or is it in Cresendo
of Doom?  No!  We found the rule in the erratta from GI, Anvil of Victory!

  SL had the advantage of programmed instruction.  But the flaw was
programmed instruction where the rules were scattered all over the
place.  (And we always bought the 2nd or 3rd editions which had the
erratta printed at the end of each rule book which gave us another spot
to look for rules.)

  (Did you just play the basic SL, or did you add Cross of Iron, Gi, etc.
etc.?)

  Not only was ASL's rules organized, but game play was streamlined.
Snipers in SL were a monster.  In ASL, snipers give you a reason not
to bother figuring out that that tiny long range squad, if it rolls a snake
eyes, might cause a pin on that squad over there.  The fact that the
activity might alert a sniper, means that you tend to ignore the almost
no chance, wild shots that you hunted for in SL.  This one rule greatly
speeds play.

Warm regards, Rick