Re: (TFT) Re: TFT Digest V4 #463

I think animals should have a sort of IQ crippleware. It can do some of
what IQ does, willpower and perception for instance, but not everything.
And they have instinctive talents like Alertness.

My IQ 7 spells are:

   - BLUNT WEAPON (T: IQ7, ST 1/-) A blunt weapon does 1 point less damage.
   A weapon can be blunted up to 5 times, subsequent uses of the spell have
 no
   effect. Blunting is a permanent effect and can be corrected by Repair or
   use of a whetstone. Ineffective against weapons that are already blunt.
   - FOG (C: IQ7, ST 1/-) Fills one hex with a magical fog that somewhat
   obscures vision. -2 DX for missiles per hex of fog, and -2 DX if attacki
ng
   into or out of it. Anyone in or entering the fog also becomes slightly
   damp. Lasts 12 turns, or less in wind.
   - KILL RAT (T: IQ7, ST 1/-) Causes 1 point of damage. Does get stopped
   by armour.
   - LITERACY (S: IQ7, ST 2/-) Allows the caster to read and write any
   languages he knows, but reduces his IQ to 6 and disorders his common sen
se.
   The spell lasts one minute: long enough to, for instance, write a slogan
 on
   his own or another prootwaddle's body. The negative effects of the spell
,
   however, pretty much guarantee the slogan will be bizarre at best and
   gibberish at worst.
   - MAGIC ROCK (M: IQ7, ST V/-) Creates and flings a magic rock to damage
   a single target. Does 1D-3 (minimum 0) for each ST point used to cast.
   - PROOT! (T: IQ7, ST 1/-) Makes a loud “Proot! Proo-oot!�� noise – louder
   than a prootwaddle can make. Prootwaddles find the sound reassuring.
   Non-prootwaddles find it irritating.
   - PUSH / PULL (T: IQ7, ST 2/-) Victim must roll 3 vs DX, or 4 vs ST,
   victim's choice. If he fails he must step directly away from (for push)
or
   toward (for pull) the caster, or fall down. (As though forced to retreat
.)
   Can also be used to push around inanimate objects, or even friends.
   - SPEED HAIR (T: IQ7, ST 3/-) For the next day the target's hair
   (wherever on body) grows at twice the normal rate.
   - SUMMON HOUSE CAT (C: IQ7, ST 1/1) Summons a House Cat [ST 4, DX 14, IQ
   5, MA 14. 1-2 in HTH only, -3 DX for enemies to hit it] to fight for the
   caster.
   - SUMMON VERMIN (T: IQ7, ST 1/1) Summons vermin to fight for the caster,
   of a kind with which the caster is familiar: rats, bats, piranhas,
   piranhakeets, scuttles or something similar at GM discretion. Roll one d
ie
   for the number, -1 if the environment is not really suitable, -2 if high
ly
   unsuitable, -1 for bats, -2 for piranhakeets.
   - THICKSKINNED (T: IQ7, ST 2/-) Target's skin becomes thick and
   leathery, it stops 2 hits but the target suffers -1 DX.
   - UNREALISTIC IMAGE (C: IQ7, ST 1/-) Creates a translucent 1 hex image
   that wouldn't normally fool anyone. Last 12 turns. Can be disbelieved on
 2
   vs IQ. In difficult seeing conditions (fog, etc.) can be almost as
   effective as a regular Image. Also effective if the creature being
   simulated happens to be translucent.

--
David