Re: (TFT) New File on Dwarves on Rick's web pages.

All of these differing opinions just go to prove the old adage of "differen
t strokes for different folks," I guess (I come down on the Dwarven ladies
NOT being bearded side of things personally).

But regardless of those details, I really appreciate the fact that you sugg
est just changing the part of the visible spectrum Dwarves see in -- makes
perfect sense to me. And as for Elves, I'd suggest that they simply have bo
th larger pupils and a greater array of receptors within their eyes -- whic
h helps them see much more effectively in natural darkness with a little am
bient light, but NOT in the infrared range like Dwarves (sort of like the d
ifference between a "Starlight scope" and an "IR scope").  And Frost G
iants or Yeti might see more in the UV side of the spectrum than Humans wou
ld.  All of which probably means that Humans see better and more effic
iently in broad daylight, while the other species do better in their prefer
red environments...  As you said -- it makes it easier for the players
 to grasp and creatively use the ability in the game without all the nonsen
se rules-lawyering that sometimes follows in the wake of a poorly thought o
ut explanation.
And I'll agree with you on the "stealthy Dwarves" too -- I figure a Dwarf i
s the kind of guy or gal that will simply charge in shouting a war cry and
clanking and squeaking like a tank with poorly maintained end-connectors fr
om all the bits and pieces of armor banging and rubbing against each other
as they charge (or even walk).  Of course, there would always be the o
ccasional exception...