Re: (TFT) Re: New Armor in TFT. -- David's thoughts.

> Wearing armour is a skill

There's a lot to be said for making armour an ability you buy. Except
it would be weird to force characters to buy high IQ so they could
learn to wear armour. It's almost like a separate attribute.

> In my opinion, after my decades of experience, any system that tried to represent
> armour as a reduction in hits is too flawed to be realistic

To be fair, not many people have decades of experience of suffering
injury from blows that penetrated their armour. If you do, and you
continue to do this for fun, then I nod respectfully and back toward
an exit.

> The idea of classifying armour by material is also deeply flawed

It is. But Rick is right too, calling the armour "Armour I" through
"Armour V" is pretty bloodless. Don't know the answer here, maybe find
names for the suits of armour that describe their coverage rather than
their material. So one level would be called "hoplite", another
"Roman", etc..

TFT is supposed to be renaissance in some places but earlier than that
mostly. So face-hardened plate armour might exist but chain is
probably more common, pollaxes exist but halberds are probably more
common, etc.. And of course guns exist but bows and crossbows are more
common.

--
David