Jay's spamming the list. <-- Useful subject line makes it easy to delete what you don't care about.

Hi all,
  To some extent spam is in the eye of the beholder.  If I were to
receive an email saying that a new book on terraforming was now
being published - it would not be spam to me, but I am sure that
most of you would think it spam.

  Matt felt that Jay's incomprehensible ramblings (and various snarky
comments on them) were a waste of his time and so quit the list.

  As for can spam be art... I think not.  The essence of art is
communicating something to the audience.  When I was writing the
design for the Computer Game, "Total Annihilation", I decided that I
wanted to communicate, in a simple form, the essence of combined
arms and military tactics.  I feel that the game succeeded because
that aspect of the communication came thru the design & development.
An artist who's art moves no one; who says nothing other than to irritate
others is not an artist but a vandal.  (Especially if he is painting
property not his own.)

  Jay's verbal diarrhoea falls in the spam category to me.  It is not
worth the time to figure out and it offends me.  It is hard work to
write clearly & concisely, and someone who does not bother to try,
is simply wasting everyone's time.

  I delete Jay's emails unread.  I should figure out how to get my
spam filter to zap his emails, but not the TFT list in general.

  Jay would do better to either stop posting at all, or make an effort
to say something in a format which is worth people's time to read.
As it is, he is just teaching people to ignore him and driving people
off the list.

  Warm regards, Rick.