[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: New Magic Items --> Edward's Talismans.
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: New Magic Items --> Edward's Talismans.
- From: Edward Villarreal <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 16:13:55 -0600
- Authentication-results: mail.brainiac.com; dkim=pass (2048-bit key) header.d=gmail.com firstname.lastname@example.org header.b=goc8OzCk
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=YhjVMostXkDcFZJ75jA4dB4zOAcuj2S2gvMeKzAzmtY=; b=goc8OzCkPUPFlicpq4j6Gx9RGrudRLxHFL5UFipqN4/D4bjY3qKlzzyU6ucwN84Mat QQzabKF5A92qJ/gHOxp/QE7WnMZ5LFjFBzY8ttqXMzSqMjixtBWVIKxWIsXr4hVcHEec 0XXoKRvaLcFCryxHO1E8U8WXpe2pPWs/qet9HNburoxtdZ+JM1ed38iIFiUW0dafUD7V 93joPttNKTznjkvmNNV9JUP9TTVCpG6Fv9ITkwVh5EJbRuvCHJ7mjSSIs2KAJ+dJROeV SybQBTZtKoVEZppjHy+/l3HatjxvpPIHFhNXJa14Be9UjwFqqMOeaMAnz1Z7CfNvvzf6 evDA==
I wrote this up after staying up all night, lets definitely replace the Iron Talisman's with Bronze ones.
One of the weakness of the Talisman's is that it does not matter how much of their ST you access whether 1 point or 16 they can only be used once per time frame.
I would consider that these are the only types of Talismans available, there are no double ST versions.
In regards to the rule of five, really this needs to be playtested, howerver my intent was that so long as no other spells were placed on the Talisman the rule of five need not apply.
Still having five Talismans of the same type count as one item would work. So four bronze Talismans would be one item, two silver would be another and a gold would be another magic item. Another note; six gold Talismans would be counted as two magic items. Each group of one to five Talismans of the same type would be the equivalent of a single magic item. This weakens them further. Note that placing a even a single additional spell on a Talisman makes it fully count as a single magic item. Any other idea's?
Thinking about it, let's make the Iron and Bronze Talisman's the same except for the DX penalty for wizards.
I'm a bit worried that the Spellbook bound Gold Talisman's are overpowered, again playtesting needed.
I've not worked up the Talisman creation requirements, I expect they are somewhat difficult though not immensely so, else the cost would be greater. Perhaps one of the ingredients is rare requiring a quest to find.