Re: New Magic Items --> Edward's Talismans.

Hi Edward,
  There are a number of things that concern me about these.

-- Steve Jackson made the rule of 5 to prevent the rich from having
huge advantages over the poor.  (Or at least they have to spend a
LOT for the privilege since the cost of multiply enchanted items,
double and redouble.)  I do not see a good reason why Talismans
don't follow this rule.

-- I would presume iron talismans would give wizards –6 DX for
having iron on them.  Surely a copper, or brass talisman would
serve wizards better?

-- Iron talismans allow wizards to power spells that are IQ 10 lower
than the wizard.  How many IQ 18 wizards have IQ 8 spells?  It
seems to me that an IQ 18 wizard could afford the better talisman.
So the iron ones far from being the most common ones, would be
non-existant.

-- Is the number of points of fatigue ST (fST) can a talisman limited?
Or can you get double powered talismans which can give more at
once?  If so, is it an A, or B type of enchantment on the item creation
table? (Or both?)

-- You have not given the formula needed for a wizard to create
one of these in a lab.

-- If I were a wizard who had a Greater Magic Item Enchantment
Spell I would be very tempted to make the more useful ST batteries,
rather than spending a memory IQ (mIQ) to learn a new spell, which
I must have in ADDITION to the Greater Magic Item Enchantment
spell.

-- If  you can have any number of these (no rule of 5), and you can
not have them tripled in power, you might see wizards with many
dozen of these in a cord around his or her neck.  (Like how people
could carry the ancient Chinese coins.)  Is this what is intended?
When I hear the word 'talisman', I think of a single item of great
power, not scores of jangly mass produced items weighing down
wizards.

-- I wonder if these are different enough to make it worth while to
add to the item list.  Yes, they (very slowly) recharge on their own,
but surely a large ST Battery which I can recharge in a few days with
my own effort (and maybe an apprentice), is more useful than an
item that I can only get a few fST out of, and it takes a couple
months before I can use it again.  If a ST Battery is many times more
useful, would not how to make these quietly vanish thru the ages.
(Especially since it requires an extra mIQ to learn its unique spell
in addition to Greater Magic Item Enchantment spell?)

Warm regards, Rick.