[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
New Magic Items
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: New Magic Items
- From: Edward Villarreal <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 09:22:55 -0600
- Authentication-results: mail.brainiac.com; dkim=pass (2048-bit key) header.d=gmail.com firstname.lastname@example.org header.b=KTuVLi7w
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=sO1SREpJeFfmnV9Mn5ghuHRf3HVXLBHOgYPxu9CFlws=; b=KTuVLi7w+P0+muXcoU8l4j4nb26z+YPjdYSCm4gF9eR3Vs2tcmk1hAt44Y0pPbv2g1 FQDOMkRE1pB6dL85VydelzRp9qSpPylVKMoj5ajT18WEC/Hjez1fO7RA0YfhZOiY73gV fBfZPQLxOUgIAYDQ2DWwoAtCFRXzMv64sRojGxZ/ic5D9dm2KNgbqZhVX/Pcd1vYgNiQ 3uWjXyj2y0wWN6iW0AMyBv/4QGPZvADRYYe+yE+kI0/Vi8PVSqIQB8it07Uj82p8d8Sx e56NCjSmhsW0eaua2zWyY3O7Q1bc85mrNR5crgvac6qPAwo40v739gbvuEQxDYiwSKvF cw7Q==
There are three grades of Talismans. Iron, Silver, and Gold. Create Talisman is an IQ 18 spell that also requires Greater Magic Item Creation.
Talismans look to be small highly engraved coins and all have a hole in the center.
All Talismans require the Goldsmith talent to engrave, the Create Talisman Spell and Greater Magic Item Creation to enchant. But the creators can be two separate persons, a Goldsmith and a wizard.
Talismans can be used to cast spells the wizard knows and provide some ST, the wizard can add to this ST with his own ST. There are no DX penalties for using a Talisman, but the wizard must still make any DX rolls required. Normally only wizards can use a Talisman, however at 100 times the normal cost a Talisman can be created that anyone can use. Non-wizards are at a DX - 4 however.
Talismans do not count against the rule of five if there are no other enchantments cast on them. If for example a Talisman also has blur cast on it, it will count against the rule of five. This means any number of Talisman's can be carried, within weight limitations.
Iron Talismans provide up to 4 ST points and can allow the wizard to cast any spell the wizard knows that is at least 10 points lower than the wizards IQ. The Talisman can be used once every 30 days. Costs 1000 Silver.
Silver Talismans provide up to 8 ST points and can allow the wizard to cast any spell the wizard knows that is at least 4 points lower than the wizards IQ. The Talisman can be used once every 60 days. Costs 5000 Silver.
Gold Talismans provide up to 16 ST points and can allow the wizard to cast any spell the wizard knows. The Talisman can be used once every 90 days. Costs 20,000 Silver.
Gold Talismans can be bound into a Spellbook, it costs 40,000 Silver, plus double the normal cost of each spell, however it takes only 5 turns to cast instead of 60. The book can be used normally requiring the same time and procedures as normal but once every 90 days any one spell in the book can be cast with no other requirements in 5 turns with the Spellbook providing up to 16 points of ST.