Re: [Slope: Ch 10] Thrown Spell talent - change?

Hi Matt,
  You bring up good points.

  The reasoning behind the replacing +3 DX is that TFT has a trouble with
characters having “attribute bloat”.  Once characters get experienced, they
all have high attributes, always make normal rolls, and start feeling the same.

Talents that give bonuses to attributes speeds the evil day when this becomes
a problem.  So as general policy, I would like talents that give abilities & bonuses
that are not simple adds to attributes.

As for treating Missile Weapons Talent and Thrown Weapons, I am slower to
change regular TFT talents than my new ones.  They can stay the same for now.

As for your character, the bonus was VERY useful when your wizard was a fresh
young thing.  Now that his DX is quite high, the 5 hex bonus to range penalties is
likely more valuable to him.

Warm regards, Rick.