[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Hexagon pattern dungeons
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Hexagon pattern dungeons
- From: Craig Barber <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 16:50:27 -0600
- Authentication-results: mail.brainiac.com; dkim=pass (2048-bit key) header.d=comcast.net firstname.lastname@example.org header.b="e9qb8cma"
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20161114; t=1525387830; bh=8nNBY9VUwaGKsHQObIRhkO/P1YMJzC9EzE6TDdxOBHA=; h=Received:Received:To:From:Subject:Message-ID:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=e9qb8cmaiNGc6RmFPS5dCwAUSTzJyhEW1+PSS8vur34lQBWE4I0lUXlH7fpCwHiMD dyTCfka/ekM04dYJO+gxP7xhB0tFGyY9GC9cN+5lMlmL9Q8YuxeZ4FBvaNOBVKrEL5 87ne5X6sSxDD1bcdar33qNqpnwx7idZwRbyskU3ecF/XBTljLdpzdeuXkRpSI6jryx it1IcXqeNS9ZpzbJII+SBVK1Gvjq8/f8dKWK3URBeJAyZIJQPzwcts/JCJC0exaXrf mWZlRtI383D5Q1ZAxkfTpy8zWGBb3q3JiXgZfiJH7R1hwmL1Sknfo0EMYXjnY937HR Jq5xa8j0imxgA==
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/45.8.0
And if I understood another comment correctly, then yeah, I frequently
laid out hexagon pattern dungeons, enough so it was probably right
around 1/3 , 1/3, 1/3: about 1/3 hexagon, 1/3 square, and 1/3 "other",
like ferinstance Death Test (R) style.
I always liked the hexagonal dungeon layouts because they felt *very*
TFT to me. I always liked the square ones because they felt
traditional "white box" and 1st Ed. D&D, even back in 1985. Just
The only problems with squares were that 1) range got messed up on
diagonals to the grain and 2) they didn't really offer an easy use for
megahexes, the only problem with hexes was that villages and towns
didn't usually have rows and rows of lozenge shaped buildings!
Megahexes were a GREAT aid to speed play. "Wait, was that 14 hexes or
15 hexes range? Count again!" TFT could be a light light system
partially because of the megahexes.
After I invented the square megahexes, it was easy to have *both* of my
cakes and eat them both too. Any square grain dungeon could be played
on megahexes from then on.
I hate to rehash an old old discussion (when did we talk about this?)
but here goes. Out of curiosity: how many people here largely avoided
hex grain dungeons? Does anyone ONLY use hex grain dungeons? Does
anyone love them like I do or does anyone hate hex dungeons?
-- Craig B.