Re: [Slope: Ch 11] Yet another idea on how to improve Defending

Hi Peter, everyone.
  If I wanted to make defend a contest, that is simple enough to do, but
what I was trying to find was a minor tweak to the current defend option
to make it a bit stronger.

  Your point about defend triggering a contest of some sort between the
attacker and defender not happening all the time is well made.

  I created some (too complex) parrying rules long ago, and they bogged
down the game since they were being used every attack and defence,
once the players got half decent.  But if they are only triggered on the
defend option, that would not be any where near such a big problem.

On the other hand, if high DX figures can normally trigger a counter
attack when they defend, that is taking the rules in a direction that I
DON’T want to go in.

  Warm regards, Rick.