Re: [Slope: Ch 12] New Type of Healing Spell & Death Magic.

Since you don't know all the circumstances of the campaign to date, and have no idea what motivates my players in the first place, I'll just go ahead and ignore the implied critique of my GM-ing skills.  After all, I've only been doing it for forty years, so it's not like all of the factors you point out would ever occur to ignorant old me.

From: Peter von Kleinsmid <pvk@oz.net>
To: tft@brainiac.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2018 11:37 PM
Subject: Re: [Slope: Ch 12] New Type of Healing Spell & Death Magic.

At 08:31 PM 6/20/2018, Jeffrey Vandine wrote:
>I don't think its the issue of "delay of game" so much as it is the
>issue of having to take several weeks off in the middle of an
>adventure which totally destroys party momentum.
>
>Put another way, it's not like the PLAYERS have to sit around for
>five weeks healing, but the FIGURES sure do, and what does that do
>when you're on an "in-game" time limit of some kind (like, you have
>to do X before the next full moon -- oops, you missed it, too
>bad.  Now the Dark Lord has all his powers back...)

Having to deal with the actual natural consequences when some PC gets
hurt, is a BIG part of what makes the game be something like the
situation it's supposedly about (going against the Dark Lord, facing
a need to accomplish something before some date, or whatever you're
doing). Yeah, if you get seriously hurt, that should be something to
deal with, with consequences, or else what is your game really about?

If it seems like a problem that getting hurt means you might actually
miss a deadline, or that the Dark Lord might actually do something
with his time rather than sit in his Dark Lair waiting for you to
kill your way through all his minions, what is your game actually
about? Is there actually a deadline or a Dark Lord in play, or is it
an illusion?

PvK