Re: TFT live at Kickstarter

I don’t know everyone. This reminds me too much of the Disney movie “Beauty and the Beast”. I bought that film on VHS tape for my kids. Then I bought it again on DVD. Then I got suckered into buying it again on BlueRay. And you know what? It’s still the same movie each time.

With that in mind this new version of TFT seems to be more of a way to a) sell me an old game once again, and b) attract new players to the game, a category I definitely do not fall into.

Looking it all over:

I don’t need the counters - I use miniatures.

I don’t need the hex maps - I use my own.

I have the rules - even though SJ might “tweak” some of them I’m sure I’ll hear about what those tweaks are either here or on his forums.

I like the old art, both the cover and especially the interior art - the new cover art sucks in my humble opinion.

I have dice.

I made my own character sheets.

So really, why should I buy into this?

He’s made his goal money wise. I think I’ll just sit this out and, if I think it warrants it, I’ll purchase a copy of the box set down the line once it hits the street.
David O. Miller
Miller Design/Illustration