Re: TFT live at Kickstarter

Yeah, I don't think that's an actual thing.  I think that was some guy's suggestion.  As far as I know, the Staff hasn't changed much, except now you can use it to store "mana" (ST, basically) as a battery would have in the old days.

From: Nathan Easton <n.m.easton@gmail.com>
To: tft@brainiac.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 11:24 AM
Subject: Re: TFT live at Kickstarter

The new staff spell is quite beefy!

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 1:18 PM Martin Gallo <martimer@mindspring.com> wrote:
My post was an attempt at humor.

On Jul 23, 2018, at 6:00 PM, Nathan Easton <n.m.easton@gmail.com> wrote:

I think there are a few different maps/playmats in play. The expensive ones that are an add-on are going to be cloth over neoprene - I'm picturing something much like the fancy mouse-pad-like ones that I see some M:tG players use. Those would be totally inappropriate for using a marker on. The others, the ones that come with Melee/Wizard are listed as paper, but might end up being laminated as a stretch goal. There's also the full-color map for Tollenkar's Lair. I'd assume that's paper, as well.

So none of what they've said so far indicates to me that they'll be marker-compatible.