Re: Hob-goblin Companion Cavalry

Hi John,
  I’ve heard of infantry moving along with horses. The idea is that the infantry hold on and jog, with their feet moving more than a meter between paces.  I think it was more to speed up the movement of infantry over long distances, rather than being used when the horse was attacking, but I’m not an expert on this tactic.

  Anyway, assuming that orcs actually do this, I’ve some comments...

  A three hex hog is so big, that if the hog had a wooden structure mounted to its saddle, I could see FOUR lesser orcs moving along behind.  If the hog is moving more than 16 hexes per turn, I would require them to make a 3vsDX or fall when they let go, and they can do NOTHING on the turn that they let go, except run forward (and hopefully not fall).

  I rather like this post, good job!

  Warm regards, Rick.