Re: Hob-goblin Companion Cavalry

This tactic looks like a Stirrup Charge. A famous example was the Scots Greys and 92nd Highlanders at Waterloo.

As the Greys passed through the lines of the Highlanders, some of the infantry grasped hold of the cavalry's stirrups and ran alongside the horses to attack a French Column.

The Infantry were not part of the Cavalry unit and were not carried into battle on horseback. It was an opportunity attack in the face of the enemy, as the Highlanders were being pushed back be the French before the Cavalry arrived.

The Famous charge may not have been at full Cavalry speed as it was over broken ground.

An alternative approach for the Hobgoblins Hellhogs may be Ancients Elephants that had accompanying attachments of infantry to guard against enemy skirmishers...

The Khurasan hobgoblin figures look great, they would make a great army for Hordes of the Things.

Regards,

Chris