Differences

Hi David;

I read through Melee and skimmed through Wizard and now I've mostly forgotten the differences. Let me see if I can recall. NOPE! Cannot recall. This list'll be pretty sketchy... Anyone?

One thing that leapt out and engaged me was that these were definitely intended as 'Legacy' rules, not a new game system. Clean up and neat tweaks only. Melee is now "Third Edition", which does not comport with my memory but oh well.

Obviously the big one was Pole Weapons gaining 1+0 in a charge attack rather than doubling, plus a more careful definition of a charge attack.

Another big one was that SJ did not waste a lot of time on "better indexing": if you recall people were whining about that back in the day. (Okay, my apologies in advance to whoever in this group complained about SJ / HT indexing in 1980!).

New art of course: the same copyright rules that got SJ back HIS copyright would've gotten the original artists back their copyrights too, and many of the artists have probably disappeared in the intervening 27 years.

I must've missed the explanation for all the "skull and crossbones" counters? Possibly these will be the backs of the regular counters when they're printed? Seems likely, the rules in one place say to "flip" counters when the figure dies. And there's a skull illustration beside a discussion of leaping bodies.

OH!  XP is not upgraded, although it's called XP not EP.

Was "STOP Spell" a thing before??  I haven't compared.

I glanced only at the fighter tables of DT and DT2, those seem the same. I assume that nobody wants to read the modules and ruin playing them, so any changes there will have to be found later. Be fun to put some Easter Eggs in those!

Like I said, this is a sketchy list!

Hey, I thought be PDFs would include TFT, the Companion, the reward PDFs posted during the Kickstart... will those follow or was I confused?

Warm Regards, Craig Barber