Re: Rick's Magic items for Horses (and other riding animals).

Rick,

You note that human magic items can be made for horses, which makes me
think the magic is essentially universal and it is the form factor
that matters.

While I don't foresee most adventures (Perhaps Argunt except) to want
to carry around a saddle bag in place of a backpack, some of these
other items may be different.

For example, take the feedbag. Horses eat about 20 pounds of food in a
day. So let's say that this bag can hold about 20 pounds of food over
the course of its 5 feedings. Does anything prevent an enterprising
investor from selling  1/2 lbs corn meals to 40 people at $5 each and
making $80 per day? The economics of this don't matter much with
horses who can't pay, but it might be a rather cheap as healing magic
goes.

At that rate, this very high priced feed bag pays for itself in under a month.

The blanket of warmth, on the other hand, seems expensive compared to
relatively common heating stones, although it covers a larger area I
suppose.

--Thomas

--
"Do not imagine that, if something is hard for you to achieve, it is
therefore impossible for any man: but rather consider anything that is