Re: Weapons for pulling you down / off balance.

Hi Rick,

I'm mostly just giving some historical context for the maneuver in
question. But since you asked...

If it were me, I'd say all weapons can hook, but some do it better than
others. Extra die? Modifiers? Not sure there, whatever you like.

I don't like the divide by 4 mechanic, but you do. Seems too complex to me.

And now an anecdote:

Some years ago, I was at a large regional practice. At the end of the
practice, those of the highest rank (there were 9 of us) got in a line.
Everyone else (about 70 of them) got to do a bout against each of us in
order. Many of the lower-ranked complained about having to do 9 bouts in a
row. The higher-ranked had to do 70 in a row.

I did the same thing to the entire first half of the line. Right hand
pommel freezes shield, left hand offside to head. Like clockwork. The guy
next to me said, "I wonder when anyone will notice what you're doing?" and
we had a good laugh until the line moved and we had to go again.

Neil Gilmore
raito@raito.com