Re: [Slope: Ch 16] Re: Weapons for pulling you down / off balance.

Another thought on hook weapons: Generally I don't think it's much of an investment to add a hook to a weapon. The axe on a halberd wants some weight behind it and it's easy to shape that as a hook; the cleaver of a bill or the bit of an axe can fairly easily be shaped to make it good for hooking. The biggest investment, from the point of view of the user, might be in training. I need some of the Viking reenactment people to talk about this: how hard is it to get good at hooking, whether it's shields or ankles or whatever? And is there a skill to not allowing people to hook you?

So maybe hooking should be more a talent than a weapon. Just say that if you (a) have the talent and (b) have a suitable weapon then you can choose to use these rules, and that it's easy/cheap (small increase to price/weight/whatever) to make many kinds of weapon suitable for hooking.

--
David