Re: (TFT) Dragons/Lords of the Underearth and the TFT system

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, Joe Hartley wrote:

> It doesn't seem like a whole lot, but over the course of a game, this can
> get to be a bit much, especially in a Microquest where P1 is running 4
> characters, and there are multiple monsters being run by P2.  In the regular
> sequencing, each char adds another exchange to the turn; the QCS will always
> keep the turn at 4 moves.

You make a good point, but I always disliked the QCS for that reason.
Dont get me wrong, the QCS was great for really BIG battles, but the
QCS as written removes one of the advantages of having a higher AdjDX.

Statistically speaking, everything would probably come out in the
wash over the course of a large battle.  For smaller battles, I'm
not so sure that the QCS is a good system to use.  The problem, of
course, is how to define a "large" battle.

This leads into another topic:  Lets suppose I have a Dwarven hero
leading a company of 20 dwarves versus 100 Orc raiders.  Does
anyone know of a good system to use that doesnt leave the life
of the hero to the workings of chance?  Or should one be concerned
about that, ie: is the workings of chance something you just have
to "live with" when performing such feats?

Dan