(TFT) RE: TFT Digest V1 #35

> Here's another stab at trying to start a discussion...
>
> Theres a house rule to make fatigue for spells separate for strength,
> thereby gurpsifying TFT... i really dont like that rule... any.

I haven't really tried playing out a system that does this - but I have
thought about it a bit.  In Duels played using Wizard vs. Hero it seems a
bit harsh on the wizards to have wounds and "mana" shared from the same
points.

In Campaign type play, making mana seperate doesn't seem like it would
unbalance
too many things - with the biggest problem being the old 6 point missile
spell,
which the wizzard can suddenly afford to cast and still have enough points
left over for a contingency plan.  I've got some ideas on how to counter
this
sort of abuse though:
* A wizards current mana total can create a DX penalty to cast spells just
as low strength from wounds (<5) causes a problem.
* "Mana" recharges more slowly than fatigue strength loss, or only under the
right conditions (when meditating under the twin moons, etc. depending on
the Wizard)
* You can also have any loss of strength cause an immediate corresponding
loss of "mana" - the two are related in that way.  So a wizzard who takes
wounds could find themselves out of mana and in a bad predicament.
* And most importantly, apply a -1DX penalty for every point of strength put
into a missile spell.  The more juice you throw into it, the harder it is to
control.
That will keep all but the high DX, low IQ types from throwing 4 point
missile
spells, and in the case of the later, it will most likely be a Magic Fist.