(TFT) Re: Character Fragility

If the deadliness of combat in TFT is "about right", then I think character
advancement is too slow. When I was running campaigns, characters increased
their stats mostly through their Job rolls, because if they tried to
increase them mostly through battles and adventures they usually didn't
live long. Arguably this means my encounters were too strong, but then
again if there are just a lot of easy encounters the game becomes little
more than a boring dice-fest (the bane of many D&D adventures).

Dave
====
Dave Kohr     Silicon Graphics, Inc.    Mail Stop 7U-178     (650)933-8694