Re: (TFT) TFT: Character Survival

>I have to admit that I have often cheated when running through solitare
>MQs by having my character's HP's "magically" restored at the end of a
>room/location battle sequence.

	Four 32 point characters couldn't make it thru, but if the party
each has 42 - 45 attributes the DT is a lot more survivable. (Which is what
the Thorsz intended of course.)

	However I would like to boast that I once actually made it thru
DT with a party of four 32 attributers.  I was very familliar with the
adventures so to make it 'fair' I used the following rules.

	1)	Never open or touch anything you don't have to.  If
you can leave the room do so.  DON'T pick up money, potions, anything.

	2)	Randomly pick the north, middle or south route each
time you have a choice.

	3)	 Stick together as a group, never have some of the
party leaving a room and leaving buddies to fight.

	4)	If you have choices about what to do in the room
advance at 1 to 3 hexes per turn depending on what the room allowed.

	The party was made up of a ST 11, DX 13 archer w/ longbow,
a ST 11, DX 13 spear man (for when I needed some real damage) and
two ST 9 DX 14 IQ 9 wizards.  I figured that the wizards were as almost
as good as a rapier user and each could cast a spell or two.

	I was a bit lucky in the first few rooms and no one got hurt,
The basic strategy is to let the enemy engage us (if they didn't the archer
got free shots). Once engaged the wizards ,who were my front line, would
defend to slow down the enemy while the spear man poked or charged
as needed and the archer shot people up from close range (just behind the
other fighters).  Then I hit the room with the hob goblins that thru their
axes at people they were not engaged with.  Their tactics thru me for
a loop, and I took some serious damage.  Anyway I scraped thru with
every one surviving, and each person got an attribute. The random
choice of rooms was good for my party since we ended up fighting
mostly low DX figures where the defending wizards gave them a lot
of trouble.

	I figured "Heck, I can do this with four 32 attributers it
should be easy with four 33 attribute figures..."

	I got slaughtered!!!

	Rick