Re: (TFT) IQ

On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, stan rydzewski wrote:

> How is this better than the notion of adjIQ?  I see two advantages
> to using adjIQ over this concept:

One of the problems with an adjIQ concept is the tests that
are made against IQ ... such as a 4D roll vs IQ to notice
a trap, solve the puzzle or whatever.  Such tests should be
made against a characters base IQ but modified according to
what skills they have.

The idea of knowledge points that I just dreamed up is that
more intelligent characters get to learn either a wider
variety of skills or, by purchasing a talent more than once,
gain a deeper knowledge of skills than was previously
possible.  They would, however, still be limited when
confronted with new situations (due to unchanged IQ score).

On the other hand, maybe I'm the one who is missing the
point!  Been known to happen before ...

Dan Tulloh
daniel@jaws.greatwhite.com