(TFT) TFT: Thieves' World

Justin writes . . .

>Anyone out there ever use the Robert Asprin's Thieve's World module
>from Chaosium for there campaign world?

   I have it, but I've never actually used it as a GM.  Thanks for reminding
me of it -- I'll have to break it out again and use many of those
interesting characters in my Sunday game . . .  but not all in the same
encounter!  8^)

Rick writes . . .

>I did for a short time.  I invented the Power Leech spell
>(see below) to allow the hazard class wizards to steal the power from
>the low level apprentises.  This one rule change went a long way to
>help to make TFT feel like Theives World.

   This spell breaks at least one TFT spell convention (i.e. requiring
material components for spellcasting) but it does look interesting enough to
play with.  I'll probably use it for my own campaign.  Thanks for the spell.
8^)

   Here's another fire spell . . .

IQ 15 SPELLS
EXPLOSIVE FIREBALL (M): Like the Fireball spell, but
   the fireball explodes upon hitting the target, doing fire
   damage to nearby figures as well ? subtract 1 ?die? (i.e.
   1-1) for every hex away from the target.  Figures behind
   hard cover (like a wall) or anyone protected from fire
   (such as with a Fireproofing spell) only take half damage.
   Cost: 2 ST per (1-1) of damage.

Dave Seagraves
Seagraves Computers   dseagraves@austin.rr.com   1 (512) 255-2760
"A game, especially one as personal as TFT, is more the property of the
players than of the designers or the publishers." -- Trace Hallowell, The
Fantasy Master's Codex, 1981