(TFT) TFT: Zombies

Yendorian writes . . .

>I want a +5 Vorpal, Slaying, Holy Avenger of
>Speed Rod

   I'd just be happy to have a Rod of Winning the Game.  8^)

John writes . . .

>I love to read the everyones postings, but some are hard to tell whats
>being said because the format on one computer shifts your margins
>or tabs on another.  I don't know if anyone else is having this problem
>or if its just a HOTMAIL inconsistancy or if its a MAC problem.

   I prefer spaces over tabs.  Everyone's tab stops are different, while
spaces are eternal.  Tabs also get converted into a variable number of
spaces while spaces never get converted to anything else.
   When I ran Structure (i.e. Champions) on AOL I insisted that players who
send me their new characters in text format not use tabs and use spaces
instead.  I returned the favor by sending all my characters in plain-jane
ASCII text (converted from Excel by saving as a "space delimited" .PRN file,
which is then renamed to a .TXT).

Stan writes . . .

>While I can't fault your analysis [for one thing, I don't
>know how you did it :) ], I'm not in agreement with
>your conclusion that the damage figures of pole
>weapons should be reduced.

   I agree with your assessment of the problem, if not your solution as
well.  My brief study of the problem was purely an attempt to improve the
play balance of pole weapons compared to other weapons, and it mostly
ignored reality.  (I'd heard the pole weapons complaint so many times that I
thought I'd look into the issue.)  I feel those new damage figures are
/fair/ (assuming double damage on a charge) but they're not necessarily
realistic.  Sorry I didn't mention this assumption.
   Another facet I didn't consider is using the attribute point total of an
average character, not necessarily a beginning one.  Anyone know what that
would be?  36 points?  90 points?  8^)
   I also like the idea of a flat bonus to damage.  Is 1 die enough?  Nice,
simple, and easy to remember.  Of course slightly more complicated would be
a bonus to every die of damage rolled.  Without having crunched the numbers
I favor the former.

Dave Seagraves
Seagraves Design Bureau   dseagraves@austin.rr.com   1 (512) 255-2760
Taco Bell -- great food, chintzy portions, poor service, horrible people.