(TFT) Failing gunpowder

JPB states,

<<<I like the idea that if the powder is old, then you roll.  And I like the
idea of added expense for rushed shipping.>>>

In the 18th century, a 1 in 6 chance of a misfire is the average for a gun
and this is not just the gunpowder or its age that causes this.  Examples of
what could happen:
a) match buries itself in powder either not igniting the powder or
extinguishing the coal on the match.
b)  In a flintlock, there is no spark or the spark does not fall where it
needs to.
c)  mechanical failure
d) structural failure - a lot of wounds during the RevWar were to the
shoulders and arms which could have been exploding guns.
e)  moisture has effected the powder -  Remember that 10-15% of blackpowder
was charcoal which absorbs moisture (Dr. Scholl's)
f)  God just doesn't like you

Yours in Cidri,
Justin