(TFT) New Armor.

Hi Everyone,
I was talking to my players this weekend about the armor discussion
and they felt that the Threshold numbers were too high for the larger armors.
(I picked the numbers I did so they would be as close to those in AM as possible.)

After kicking around the ideas some, here is my armor table from
my essay, Advatages of Great ST in TFT, adjusted to make the heavier
armor more attractive.

I am not saying anything about these rules being playtested or
workable, however they are internally self consistant.

By the way, Warg hide armor and Ork mail are from an old TSG
(# 14 or 15 I think).

Armor Table:
Armor Hits DX MA Thresh No- Cost Mass Notes
Name Stopped adj adj -old # Neg.# $ kg

Elvenmail 1,2 - 1 - 1 -0 13 ST 13 ST 100 8 Thin wep. special
Cloth - 1 - 1 -0 14 14 50 5

Warg hide - 1 - 0 -1 14 14 60 6
Ork mail 2 - 2 - 1 -1 15 16 150 10 Thin wep. special
Leather - 2 - 2 -2 16 19 100 7
Chain 2 - 3 - 2 -3 17 21 200 12 Thin wep. special
Scale - 3 - 3 -3 18 23 250 16
Hvy Chain 2 - 4 - 3 -4 19 25 300 18 Thin wep. special
1/2Plate - 4 - 4 -4 20 27 300 18
Plate - 5 - 5 -4 22 30 500 22

Notes:
1 Elves are -2 adj MA to the listed value for ALL armor types so their no negative # is +2.
The one exception is Elvenmail which gives all other races a -0 adj MA and Elves just a -1 adj
MA.

2 All types of Chain mail stops only -1 hits vs stilettos & darts, and only -2 hits vs rapiers,
picks, arrows and other impaling weapons. Normal humans now have a 7 MA in chainmail.
Generally the various types of chain don't have as heavy a movement penalties as other armor
that stops that many hits.

3 Giants are +2 adj MA to the listed value for ALL armor types, so their no negative # is -2.