From: stan rydzewski <srydzews@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: (TFT) Encumbrance and weight
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 09:27:11 -0400

grabowski wrote:

> What other encumbrance systems has anyone else come up with out >there?

We're fairly happy with the (admittedly screamining unrealistic) TFT
encumbrance system, except that the weapon weights are ridiculously
high.  I'll post the weapon weights we use if anyone wants to see
them; they're a lot closer to reality.

> The other problem with encumbrance, realistically, is not just
> weight but mass or size.  It is a lot easier to carry a six-pound
> shot than carry and empty six pound refrigerator box.

I think the dex penalties for shields are TFT's only nod in that
direction. I'm not sure if the half-encumbrance-in-a-backpack rule is TFT's, but it works well regardless.