(TFT) Encumbrance

JPB mentions about encumbrance,

<<<I would agree that wearing your armor "carries" a lot better than having
it
in your pack.>>>

That's the difference between your body distributing the weight all over
than just in a particular area, such as a backpack.  As an interpretive tool
at Jamestown Settlement, the interpreters would use a 8" by 8" piece of
chain armor to explain to visitors that the armor was heavy when placed in a
hand but when placed over their shoulder the weight didn't seem as much.
Using this interpretive tool, you could interpret to the visitor the
stereotypes that have been associated with medieval armor and its supposed
weight.
If armor was as heavy as some poor history let's it on to be, man would not
be mobile enough to fight in it.

<<<Heat Postration and immobility
now *or* take off your armor and rest a bit before searching.>>>

This is historically the main reason, not firearms, why medieval style
armors faded out during the late 17th century.  Although forms of armor have
been used since then (Kevlar Anyone?).

There was a post-nuclear holocaust game by FGU that considered anything
carried in a backpack as weighing half as much as it really did.

I still think that weight/encumbrance should be the main reason for any DX
minus' in TFT and not armor.  This just comes from personal experience of
wearing armor almost daily.  Hint: Wear the quilted coats of canvas in the
winter and never wear metal armor in the sun.  Can you say cooked!  I knew
ya could!!!!

Yours in Cidri,
Justin