From: GypsyComet@aol.com
Subject: (TFT) Hot Lead & Pirates!
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 19:29:19 EDT

>> While it scales things down a bit, 7th Street Games' "Pirates,
>> 2nd ed" is most definitely worth a look, as it starts from a >>semi-historical nautical base and adds the fantasy races, magic, >>submarines (ala the Nautilus), seamonsters and airships. The >>resin models they make for it are marvelous, scaled to use any >>25-30mm minis you like. Crew sizes are abstracted down to
>> manageable levels for fast play.
>
>Sounds interesting, where can more infomation be found

 http://www.flagshipgames.com/Pirates!.htm

 My memory of the company name is either faulty or outdated...

GC
=====

From: "John Paul Bakshoian"
Subject: Re: (TFT) Re: ...keep your powder dry
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 18:25:34 PDT
Rick asks:
What would the range of various sizes of cannon? I would be very interested since one of my campaigns has pirates with cannon.

Cool. In the previous segment in the Troop Movement campaign I'm running, the players were in a cog and a sloop and they came up against a Large Ship and another cog. They were in a river and
had to pass these two ships.  I used ceramic cast ships and rules
from the game called PIRATES from a company in California. These rules were modified only slightly to fit TFT.

From: Michael Taylor Subject: Re: (TFT) Re: ...keep your powder dry
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 22:07:51 -0400

Someday I intend to do an expansion on the "Ships & Swords" article by Glenn L. Williams, combining it with the Ram Speed Mircogame to create sailing ship rules... The Milton Bradely game "Conquest of the Empire" has some great little ship miniatures as well.....and of course, the Milton Bradely game "Broadsides and Boarding Parties" has a 25mm sized plastic pirate ship as well and some pretty good sailing rules as well...

Sigh. So much game, so little time...

Michael