(TFT) monster husbandry

Dear Michael
I agree with Ron, even looking at intelligent monsters, lets look at
dwarves. They get a +1 damage bonus with axe/hammer/mace which doesn't cost
anything, likewise elves with +2 MA in certain situations. Similarly if I
was ctraing, lets say, bugbears for TFT, I give them automatic SIlent
Movement because of their big fuzzy feet, whereas a human has to spend time
and IQ points to learn this. I don't think there's anythnig wrong with
monsters learning talents (and I encourage all to do so! ;)  )
Also, I feel it's up to the GM what monsters are common/rare/utilized by
locals in a particular area. You know, in the kingdom of a Aardwolf there
was a surviving race of direwolves which the orcish chiefs there had
trained for centuries, thus trained direwolves are readily obtained there.
It's not so much a question of how does one create rules for training a
monster, but whether the GM running the campaign (with an adequate
gazetteer) has decreed whether what animals/monsters are common/rare etc.
in domestication. For PCs to go and train monsters which have never been
trained before and having no contact with trainers of that animal should be
difficult without the aid of magic (i.e. the monty haul campaign where the
anglosaxon halflings have come back with a horde of siberian tigers). But
anyway, I'm dead keen on seeing your manual as well and agree fully with
ideas about ecology etc.
yours in animal husbandry
Cas LIber

PS: its 2000 here and I'm still alive!!