Re: (TFT) Priests again

Dear Robert,
I agree with Ed and Rick - if you want to have priests, then have something
that adds some mystery and spice (sounds like a commercial that), with
unknown and unique spells/powers. Just making them religious wizards seems
sterile to me.
What is then to stop a priest of Aphrodite or Hestia getting, say, Fireball
and blasting the bejeezus out of everbody, (somewhat out of character
methinks..), the next step is to make spells forbidden to cerrtain cults
etc. (in which case why not make individual ones)

Admittedly creating unique powers can be time consuming, though not
necessarily so. Some of the lower IQ spells are fairly generic and could
serve easily as generic shamanic type spells.
Actually, you can whip up a cult fairly quickly (see posts on bloodrunners
in archives)

Hmmmm..........a wild xenophobic elven people with a Vily=type goddess:

Give the priests +1 on BOW (leading on from other recent discussion)

Possible Spells/Powers: BOW-BLESSING - priest must chant (i.e. MA 1, cannot
perform other actions, chant can continue on 4/DX roll if knocked over) and
lose 1fST per turn. This gives 1 pt adjDX bonus to all friendly archers
within a megamegahex. Prereq. PRIEST, THEOLOGIAN

exisitng spells available to learn at 1fST could include (prereq
PRIEST):BLUR, LIGHT, SUMMON WOLF, BARKSKIN, TRAILTWISTER - all common
features of faerie tails - all these 'spells' are divine/spiritual in
nature. (.......and come up with something else devious)

maybe any THEOLOGIAN has MAGE SIGHT as a special ability.

for a miracle.........something entlike mebbe??

Penalty - whole elf tribe has -1 on all reaction rolls. Maybe they're all
NPCs anyway so you're not too fussed to balance it

How is that? (typed up in 10 min)
Cas