Re: (TFT) My new TFT Web Site

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 17:44:39 -0500
David Miller <djmiller@i-2000.com> wrote:
> I look at many of the games that have been around for a long time and I
> see just how bloated and rules heavy they have become. In a sense the
> great thing about TFT to me is it's compactness.
>          ( snip )
> I firmly
> believe that a good, skip that, great game should be simple to play yet
> have endless possibilities. Melee/Wizards has that. That's why I keep
> coming back to it year after year.

I definitely agree with you, which is why I keep coming back to TFT
in my gaming orbits.

There always seems to be an ebb and flow, with some people adding house
rules to more closely model certain aspects, but I like the way TFT's
systems abstract situations so that they play fast without getting too
bogged down in dice rolling.

Everyone tweaks their ruleset to some degree, but I tend to add very
little to the TFT ruleset as written.  I feel it's allowed me as a GM
to focus more on the game than the mechanics.

The beauty is we all exchange ideas and use what we like and pass on
what we dont.