Re: (TFT) My new TFT Web Site

Joe--

Thanks for the compliment. I hope to add more to my site in the months
to come (time permitting) and take part in many of the conversations on
this list. I'm glad I found you guys. Some of us have to keep this
little game alive huh?

That brings up a point I'd like to make. Most of the time I mourn the
fact that Advanced TFT went out of print those many long years ago. But
I look at many of the games that have been around for a long time and I
see just how bloated and rules heavy they have become. In a sense the
great thing about TFT to me is it's compactness. We currently have a
very playable and enjoyable game that doesn't have an endless stream of
additions and supplements. That allows us to be creative with our game
play. Look at what Warhammer has become, an endless stream of
information that seems to me to get bogged down in it's desire to get
more cash from it's players. Too many other games have gone the same
route. Complexity does not necessarily add to playability. I firmly
believe that a good, skip that, great game should be simple to play yet
have endless possibilities. Melee/Wizards has that. That's why I keep
coming back to it year after year.

--David