Re: (TFT) TFT town --> Hiquet --> part 2

Rick,
So if I understand this correctly the earth elemental can move through solid rock? Like in the tradition of the Fafherd and the Grey Mouser series, when the mouser was turned into an earth element and dragged around through the earth against his will. He could just barely peek into peoples basements and see the bottoms of their feet walking on the ground above, but he couldn't get out of the earth. Till the spell was broken. The earth elemental you mention being used by the family to prevent any one else from digging a well, does it work like this? And if not, I ask the question of everyone... how does an earth elemental detect new digging?

     David Michael Grocuhy II