From: Nils K Hammer <nh0g+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject: (TFT) Re: TFT Digest V1 #321
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 16:21:52 -0500 (EST)

The pilae are carried in the shield hand, and thrown before contact
with the enemy. I figured that carrying excess weapons gave you a
minus, just like the (gurps?) rule about pilae stuck in your shield.
This is unimportant, since as soon as they are thrown or dropped, you
are free of the minus.

I have also seen people in live action games hold thier axe in the
shield hand and take it after throwing a spear. This is much faster
than drawing a weapon.

nils