Re: [Re: [Re: (TFT) Preliminary thoughts:Adapting Runequest]]

I have to own up that I played AD&D heavily for years before I got into TFT.
What sustained my interest in D&D was the group I was in played it for fun and
laughs, plus we had as much excitement arguing about the "finer" points of the
rules. One memorable debate we had with the DM was whether dogs could be
backstabbed (as players we were playing optimal strategies, so one guy was
trying to get the most out of his thief abilities). When I did get to try out
TFT it was a revelation: a quick-playing elegant system that worked.

alan